Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pit Bull Loose Leash Walk

Pit Bull Loose Leash Walk Tube. Duration : 0.62 Mins.


My 11yr old daughter demonstrates the loose leash walk with Gypsy, an American Pit Bull Terrier from the Pearland Animal Control shelter. Gypsy learned to stop pulling after four days of the stop and start method. When she hit the end of the lead and pulled, I planted my feet and brought my hands to my side, which pops the leash and brings the dog to face you as they wonder why you're not walking. When Gypsy faces me and makes eye contact, we continue the walk. Yes, it takes forever to walk a few feet this way but it has a lasting behavior correction, so when she hits the end of the leash she expects that "pop" and stop, thus she avoids pulling to the end. This is a casual walk, not replacing the necessary "heel" position to be used on a busy sidewalk. I used a 4' lead and a flat collar, no choke or pinch collars as she's a sensitive dog. My daughter only outweighs the dog by about 20 lbs, so good leash manners is a must.

Tags: positive, pit, bull, terrier, walk, training, cute, dog, houston, texas, pittbull, pitt, adopt, rescue, pitbull

Recommend : หางานเชียงใหม่ 32 Inch TV

No comments:

Post a Comment